Hottoys - Captain America: TWS-Black Widow Collectible Figure Final Product
Haste the Day — Autumn.
IT TOOK ME TWO TIMES TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON, HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY SIDES.
Mulder and Scully + season one lack of personal space.
Smile for the camera! [x]
How is this possible? Somebody please explain how this is possible!
How do you go from plain paper with some smudges to THIS?!!!
Because I’m starting to seriously consider a deal with the devil as a real explanation…
Srsly, though, this person is so insanely good! I can’t belive the videos don’t have more views.
Chloe Moretz for Allure magazine [September 2014]
Pabu, the Acrobatic Cat
Pabu: Jump! Jump! Double-jump!
you can dance if you want to
you can leave your friends behind
7/? Favourite Supernatural Tumblr Posts
- Lang-8 (Journal in another language, be corrected by native speakers. Do the same for others by correcting them.)
- Polyglot Link
- FSI Language
- BBC Languages
- I Kinda Like Languages
- GLOSS (Foreign Language Institute)
- My Language Exchange
- So You Want to Learn a Language
- Mango Languages
- Learning with Texts
- South Asian Linguistics
- F*ckyeahsouthasia #Language
- Open Culture: Free Language Lessons (another masterlist)Reddit Threads:
SRS (Spaced Repetition flashcards):
- Memrise (Iphone/pad app available)
- Anki (droid/i-app avail)
- Skritter (Paid: Japanese/Chinese; i-app avail.)
Chinese (Mostly/All Mandarin):
- Chinese Grammar Wiki
- Fluent Flix
- Chinese Hacks
- Social Mandarin
- Hao Hao Report
- Hacking Chinese
- Reddit Resource List
- Why Chinese is so damn hard
- sugoideas, Taiwanese dramas
- Baidu radio, PRC radio stations
- Mac TV, Taiwan TV
- 中文字譜, site for making mnemonics
- Reviewing the Hanzi
- Perapera Chinese Firefox add on
- Better Chinese (Paid)
- China Sprout online retail
- Chinese Grammar (eh, looks dull)
- More Manhua
- Chinese Rage Comics
- English Slang in Chinese
- Sentence Structure / Particles / Modals
- Pleco for iPhone
- Chinese with Serge (he’s pretty clear)
- Review the Hanzi forum thread
- Nciku (search characters by drawing them)
- QQ international version / Weibo (Chinese “twitter”) / renren
- Apps: Mindsnacks Mandarin ($5, personal recommendation), Manhua Reader App, Pleco, Word Tracer Learn Chinese, Chinese with Pengyou Pal
- Books I own: (Far East) Illustrated 300 Chinese Character Dictionary, Reading and Writing Chinese (Tuttle), Chinese Link (favorite textbook so far), Integrated Chinese (Not as good as Chinese Link imho. Less organized/structured in a good format), Basic Spoken Chinese (Tuttle), Schaum’s Chinese GrammarGujarati:Hindi:
Indonesian - Bhasa Indonesian:
- Hangul Type Attack
- Seemile (Also learn Chinese)
- Talk to Me in Korean
- My Korean 1 & 2
- Busy Atom
- Korean Wiki - Hangul
- Grammar Dictionary
- Radio Korea
- Songang Korean Program
- Hulu Kdramas
- Airang “I Love Korean”
- Seoul National University Korean Crash Course
- Apps: Korean Letters Lite App (Free/Paid available), Korean Study Buddy App, Learn Sounds of Korean App (currently free)
- Korean Champ
- Korean Class 101
- Hangukdrama and Korean
- Learn Korean
- Resource List (Also Japanese)
- Books: Integrated Korean (Common textbook, friends used/liked it for class), Learn Korean for Beginner’s (Tuttle), Basic Korean: A Grammar and Workbook.
- All Japanese All the Time (AJATT method; perhaps worth a read for other languages)
- So You Want to Learn Japanese…
- Perapera Firefox add on
- Reviewing the Kanji
- Tae Kim’s Guide to Learning Japanese / The app
- Beginner’s Guide
- Kanji Damage
- Tofugu / Textfugu (Some-Paid)
- Rikaichan FF/Chrome
- Lingualift (Paid)
- I Know! (Paid)
- Nihon Shock ($25)
- Tagorin Dictionary
- Read the Kanji
- Nihongo Dekimasu
- Before Breakfast
- Kotodama Typing Game
- Real Kana
- The Japanese Page
- All Kana Aesop’s Fables (Practice translating)
- Manga RAWs
- Apps: Kana iphone/ipad app (all Japanese game), Ninja worlds (free/paid $3 app), Human Japanese (Free/$10)
- How to Read Manga/Watch anime (and understand) in 2 years
- Pastebin Reddit Resources
- Pera Pera Penguin
- Nihongo e na
- Jbox Study items
- Other Books: Remembering the KanjiMalay:
- Learn Thai
- Learning Thai
- TV Method Thai (Immersion oral learning)
- Learning Thai
- Women Learn Thai
— Check the detailed Resources Page.So You Want to Learn… List:
- Ainu, Arabic, Azerbaijani (Azeri), Balinese, Bengali, Burmese (Myanmar), Cantonese (Yue), Cebuano, Fuzhou (Foochow), Gujarati, Hakka, Hindi, Hmong, Indonesian, Japanese, Javanese (Basa Jawa/Jawi), Kannada, Kashmiri, Kazakh, Khmer (Cambodian), Korean, Kyrgyz, Lao, Malay (Melayu), Malayalam. Mandarin (Chinese), Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Oriya, Pashto, Persian (Farsi, Dari, Tajik/Tajiki), Punjabi (Panjabi), Shanghainese (Wu), Sindhi, Sinhala (Singhalese), Tagalog (Filipino, Pilipino)
Taiwanese (Minnan, Southern Min, Hokkien), Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Turkmen, Urdu, Uyghur (Uighur), Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Tumblr tags: #learning _________
- Can I become Fluent in ______ in ______ months/weeks/days?
No. You can’t.
- Can I learn Japanese from just watching Anime/Korean from Kpop/Chinese from Wuxia films?
Not on your life. Do you only speak the english you know from Spongebob? N’SYNC? The 300? Didn’t think so.
- What about Rosetta Stone?
For $180-$399 dollars? Are you insane? The program is built to teach you the Romantic languages. If you buy Rosetta stone for $400, and pass up every free resource on this list, I doubt your desire to actually learn anything. Don’t do it to yourself. That is a lot of money you probably won’t get back.
- But I heard that Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Arabic/etc is really difficult:
Well if over a billion Chinese people can speak Chinese, why can’t you? No really, don’t let something like this bother you. No, this is not the ease of moving from a English to a Romance language or German, but hey, if you wanted to learn German (and all those ridiculous cases) you’d be doing that.
- But what about ______?
I have knowledge on resources mostly limited to JPN/CHI/KOR classes. This is a participatory list, which I am more than grateful to take submissions for.I repost this every two weeks whether I need to or not. It too good not to and the original compiler deserves that much respect.